The Adult Education Program at Georgia Northwestern Technical College offers instruction in Adult Learning Centers throughout its service area.
Instructional Areas include:
- Preparation for the Georgia High School Equivalency (HSE) tests
- Adult Secondary Education
- Adult Basic Education
- English as a Second Language
The learning environment is designed to give special attention to adults who are returning to school to resume educational programs; refresh reading, 写作, and math skills as they re-enter the job market; prepare for HSE tests; qualify for a job or educational program that requires a high school diploma; learn English as their second language, or just work toward a personal educational goal.
Classes operate year-round on the Georgia Northwestern Technical College calendar—spring, 夏天, and fall Semesters. Adults of all ages who have not graduated from high school in the United States or Canada or previously earned a 格® and who are at least 18 years old are eligible to enroll in classes at no charge.
- Underage youth (ages 16 and 17) must provide a high school withdrawal document and obtain special permission from the Technical College System of Georgia in order to participate in Adult Education.
- In accordance with Georgia law (O.C.G.A. § 50-36-1), every applicant 18 years and over must complete a Verification of Eligibility for Public Benefits Affidavit and provide a secure and verifiable document verifying his or her lawful presence in the United States.
Georgia High School Equivalency Program (格® & HiSET®)
High school equivalency (HSE) credentials are the alternative option for adults who did not earn a high school diploma. Recognized by employers, technical colleges, some 4-year institutions, GNTC now offers two options the 格® (in-person and online) and the HiSET@Home (online).
The Georgia Northwestern Technical College Adult Education program partners with the Georgia Department of Labor to offer Business Ethics Student Training (GeorgiaBEST). GeorgiaBEST helps students acquire the soft skills and work ethic components needed to succeed in today’s workplace.
Transition to Postsecondary Education
The Adult Education staff will provide HSE graduates with step-by-step assistance in the transition to college or career.
Official High School Equivalency transcripts and diplomas, completed in Georgia, can be requested by contacting the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) in person or by mail.
Employees who improve their basic reading, 写作, and math skills, or who learn to communicate in English will become more productive in an organization. Employers can arrange for Adult Education instructors to bring Adult Education 服务 to their work sites. Interested employers should email Adult Education for more information.
Adult Education Links
- Class Locations
- High School Equivalency (HSE)
- 格 Testing Information
- 格 Test Schedule
- HiSET Testing Information
- Adult Education Calendar